General Plant Employee
|Salary Range:||See Job Description|
A general employee assists in one of the manufacturing departments by performing a variety of duties as assigned by the lead person, supervisor, or manager. This worker learns premium jobs by assisting but at the same time getting the training needed to qualify for these premium jobs.
- Responsible for performing tasks as described and assigned by the department lead/supervisor.
- Must keep pace with line.
- Must work as a team player, ensuring product specifications are attained and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communicate well with other team members.
- Assist other departments as assigned by lead, supervisor or manager.
- Must follow Company's GMP's, SOP's, plant rules, other policies and codes of conduct.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Strive to satisfy the requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Other duties as assigned.
BOAR’S HEAD* IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Boar’s Head” may include Boar’s Head Provisions Co., Inc, Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC, or one of our other affiliated companies.
- • Must have basic oral and written communication skills.
- • Must be able to effectively communicate.
- • Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- • Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- • Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- • Be at least 18 years old.
- • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 lbs.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.