Maintenance Mechanic Class B
|Description:||A Mechanic with the ability to diagnose and repair various types industrial equipment with limited supervision. With limited supervision the Class B Mechanic must be able to|
use manuals, prints, and at times various technical service groups to trouble shoot and repair at least half of the plants (or similar) equipment. This equipment would include hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical powered equipment. This individual must be capable of performing all PM’s of the plant. This individual should also have some working knowledge of common electrical and process, controls (relay, plc, and motor drives) as well as pneumatic, hydraulic, and steam control valves and be able to perform basic piping repairs and installation (PVC, copper, threaded steel and stainless pipe systems). Basic metal fabrication skills should include tig and mig welding and the use of shop equipment including basic shop equipment.
In leu of the above description a Class B Mechanic may also be qualified if he/she has a proven track record of being highly skilled in several of the above aspects of maintenance but needs more training and experience in the some of the areas they may be lacking in.
|Duties:||• Must be capable of climbing on the roof and interstitial spaces in all weather conditions to service various equipment and components as needed. |
• Must have some working knowledge of machine controls (PLC, relay, AC motor drives, hydraulic, pneumatic and steam control valves including pilot and solenoid types).
• Must be capable of basic fabrication skills using basic shop equipment as well as tig and mig welding and be willing to learn lathe and millwork.
• Must have some working knowledge of various equipment systems to troubleshoot and adjust controls and mechanical components in the system and perform critical PM tasks.
• Must have some knowledge of plant utility systems (compressed air, steam, domestic water systems, etc.).
• Must be able to perform basic building maintenance and repairs (manual and power doors, dock equipment, wall and floor, etc.) with limited supervision.
• Must be willing to give directions to more Jr. Class Mechanics on trouble-shooting and repair.
• Ensure GMP’S and SOP’S are followed. Must know, support, and teach Food Safety rules for the Maintenance department.
• OSHA and EPA guidelines and procedures must be followed where applicable.
• Must be willing to be trained in repairing pneumatics, hydraulics, and most mechanics involved with common industrial equipment such as drives and gear boxes.
• Responsible (with department supervisor) for ensuring that any procedures, and/or practices within the department, are being followed.
• Must have some working knowledge of all jobs in the department and willing to be trained in all aspects of maintenance.
• Be willing to train new employees assigned to the department.
• Must be able to work as a team within the department as well as work with all personnel in the facility.
• Assist with any maintenance reporting or department paperwork as necessary.
• Must be able to read and write in English, as well as, perform mathematical calculations, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Must be able to communicate with Supervision, Quality Assurance, Safety, and USDA personnel.
• Must be willing and able to perform other job functions as needed.
• Must be capable and willing to learn new equipment and willing to attend schools necessary for the job.
1. Perform PM’s for all Operational equipment assigned.
2. Trouble shoots and performs repairs with limited supervision.
3. Perform audits on PM’s as needed.
4. Help more Jr. Class mechanics with PM’s and trouble shooting/repair.
5. Assist others with any work in the department as required.
6. Perform installs and projects as needed.
|Qualifications:||Must have at least 2 years of mechanical experience that shows a true desire to develop their mechanical knowledge and ability further and have a High School diploma or GED. |
BOAR’S HEAD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Boar’s Head” may include Boar’s Head Provisions Co., Inc, Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC, or one of our other affiliated companies.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.