Plant Quality Assurance Manager
For more than 100 years Boar’s Head, premier provider of quality delicatessen products and services, remains committed to its time honored traditional processes through the involvement of their dedicated employees. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Plant Quality Assurance Manager.
The Plant QA Manager will be responsible for all plant product quality and food safety programs ensuring product and processes are consistent and meet specifications. The role is also responsible for, and provides oversight for, the development of robust manufacturing control processes and related reports used throughout the plant. This includes ongoing maintenance and improvement of the HACCP, SSOP, and QCCP (Quality Critical Control Point) Programs. The QA Manager initiates projects related to product quality and food safety and participates in plant personnel training as necessary. The role requires the individual to work cross-functionally with all Plant and Corporate Departments and intervenes in plant level USDA-FSIS regulatory issues as necessary.
- Hire and supervise QA Analysts and Technicians
- Oversee all plant quality assurance and food safety programs; develop, maintain, and improve the HACCP, SSOP, and QCCP Programs.
- Liaise with FSIS on regulatory issues affecting plant operations.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with functional groups (R&D, Procurement, Engineering, Cost Accounting, and Manufacturing) on quality and process control related projects and issues.
- Using established finished goods quality standards, monitor down-graded product and work with Manufacturing to reduce them to appropriate levels.
- Analyze product quality related data and develop projects for quality improvement with Process Systems, Manufacturing, and R&D.
- Coordinate quality improvement projects with all departmental teams.
- Accountable for driving successful actions and maintaining measurable improvement on the Quality Assurance PBL (Processed Based Leadership) Team.
BOAR’S HEAD* IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Boar’s Head” may include Boar’s Head Provisions Co., Inc, Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC, or one of our other affiliated companies.
- B.S. degree in food technology, meat science or related discipline
- Five (5) to seven (7) years QA experience in a meat processing plant
- Additional work experience may substitute for educational background
- Candidate must have understanding of HACCP/SSOP regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is necessary.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.