IT Security Analyst II
|Description:||This position develops, implements, maintains, and administers the IT security systems and policies and procedures that are required to secure our systems and data against unauthorized disclosure, modification, or destruction. Including security for networks, PC/servers, applications, data ,and websites. Provides backup coverage for network and server administration. |
|Duties:||• Analyzes IT security requirements and develops recommended IT security plans, policies and procedures for approval by management. |
• Implements, maintains, and monitors network security systems including routers, firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion detection systems, wireless systems and VPNs.
• Analyzes requirements and designs security into server systems dealing with issues such as configuration hardening, patch management, and virus protection.
• Analyzes requirements and designs security for local and remote clients, dealing with issues such as authentication, virus protection, configuration management, patch management, and personal firewalls.
• Monitors and analyzes all security system logs for potential attack threats and malicious activity and reports on security system performance.
• Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments and performs audits and reviews of IT security systems.
• Implements and maintains contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures for use in response to system security breaches.
• Cross-trains and acts as backup for network and server administration.
• Works effectively as a team player with the other members of the IT technical operations staff.
• Communicates effectively with IT and company management about security plans and issues.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical discipline required.|
• Minimum of 5 years experience in IT security and network/server administration.
• Certifications for technical functions in security, network and server administration desired.
• Familiarity with development and application of IT Security Policies and Procedures
• Experience working with security products including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPNs, and Wireless LANs.
• Experience supporting and securing Microsoft technologies including Windows NT/XP/2000/2003, Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, and WSUS.
• Experience with the additional security environments required for UNIX/Linux, Web Servers, and Oracle databases.
• Experience supporting Symantec Antivirus products.
• Experience with security troubleshooting and incident response.
• Experience with network and server planning, administration and troubleshooting.
BOAR’S HEAD* IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Boar’s Head” may include Boar’s Head Provisions Co., Inc, Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC, or one of our other affiliated companies.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.