Retail Performance Specialist
|Description:||For more than 100 years Boar’s Head, a premier provider of quality delicatessen products and services, remains committed to its time honored traditional processes through the involvement of their dedicated employees. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Retail Performance Specialist (Southwest). Reporting directly to the National Retail Performance Director, the Retail Performance Specialist will be responsible for conducting market audits to determine market standards, retailer performance, and distribution performance. Position will focus specifically on retailers in MN, NH, VT, MA, RI, NY, PA, DE, MD, and DC.|
- Perform market analysis through Retail and Market Reviews and provide recommendations as it relates to protecting the Boar’s Head Brand, retail partner execution, distribution standards, and sales growth.
- Assess existing market conditions and make accurate and decisive observations for determining Market Reviews.
- Recognize the importance of product mix, merchandising, marketing, competition, and market conditions.
- Maintain awareness of competitive activity and their positioning in markets, including product quality, distribution, pricing, promotions advertising, sales representatives and market presence.
- Provide strategies to advance Boar’s Head products in view of existing competitive market conditions.
- Monitor advertising and marketing campaigns throughout the marketplace.
- Monitor new product introductions throughout the marketplace.
- Monitor promotions and POS throughout the marketplace.
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing activities and execution at the store.
- Provide strategies and support observations to justify expansion into new markets.
- Follow-up on all Market Review recommendations.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize survey technology and application processes.
- Demonstrate from a business consultant perspective, a written report on the purpose and findings of market audits and reviews, and to design and implement written strategic recommendations.
- Understand the inner workings of market demographics and their impact on market performance.
- Conduct all planning and coordinating of each specific Market Review assigned.
- Four years of college or knowledge equivalent.
- Five to seven years experience, with a minimum of three (3) years related experience in the food industry preferably in retail deli.
- Mystery Shopping experience a plus.
- Experience working with/for a major retailer a plus.
- Must be able to travel 50-75% throughout market and nationally if needed.
- Some weekends required.
- Have exceptional verbal, written and technological communication skills.
- Must have excellent business consulting skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Home-office based, self-starter that possesses excellent time management skills.
BOAR’S HEAD* IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Boar’s Head” may include Boar’s Head Provisions Co., Inc, Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC, or one of our other affiliated companies.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.